Sunday, January 15, 2012

Cheesy Kale Chips and "Lemonade"


Many of us following the PINK Method know about Kale chips. They certainly have saved me a few times when all I wanted to do was snack, but I must admit I found them a little boring. Well, that just changed. I was wasting time over on Pinterest yesterday when I came across a recipe for cheesy kale chips. I thought "cheesy kale chips, what are those?" When looking at the recipe, it called for something called nutritional yeast which it said gave the chips a cheesy flavor. Boy was I intrigued so off to the PINK book I went to see if it was allowed. Low and behold it is allowed, yippy! Off the Fred Meyer to see if they had it in their health food section. They did and I was home in no time making cheesy kale chips. Here is how you can too.


Wash your and dry your kale


Prepare your yeast paste, the original recipe called for you to make a paste out of the yeast, raw cashews, red pepper and water. While, nuts are allowed while in reset, I opted not to use them as I wanted this to be a "free" snack and I was all out of red peppers so I just chose to mix the yeast with a little water until a thin paste was formed.


Pour the paste on the kale and mix like you were dressing a salad.


Spread the kale out on the cookie sheet, sprinkle with a tiny bit of sea salt and bake at 350 for about 10 to 12 minutes. I turned my kale over about half way through to get even crispness.


Take out of oven, let cool a few minutes and enjoy all the "cheesy" goodness.


So my review, I enjoyed these and will make again. The cheesy flavor isn't really cheesy like a Doritos is cheesy but it added a little more interest to my kale chips which I appreciated.



As a bonus, I wanted to share a product with you that I have been enjoying. I picked up some herbal Meyer Lemon tea at the store and while good warm, it is excellent chilled with a tiny bit of stevia as a faux "lemonade" I enjoyed it with my cheesy kale chips today as a fun little snack while watching the NY Giants/Packers game with my hubby.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...